Meet Our Counselors
Kevin Hope, Ed. S, MA, B.R.E., MHC-LP
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling, Seton Hall University of South Orange, NJ 2007-2013
- Bachelor of Religious Education Counseling Concentration, Davis College, Johnson City, NY 2000-2005
- Served clients with Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) as an Independent Living Skills Trainer.
- Facilitated group and individual therapy sessions as a staff member on an inpatient psychiatric unit.
- Evaluated patients for mental health disorders in the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program at United Health Services for the past 8 years.
- 8+ years facilitating psychiatric, substance abuse, and mental health evaluations for individuals and families in the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program at United Health Services.
- Part of an emergency mental health team that provides psychiatric services within the Triple Cities.
- Relationship issues
- Adolescent and adult counseling
- Marriage counseling
- Individual and family counseling
- Spiritual Issues
- Life Coaching
Melissa Ingraham, MA, NCC, LMHC
- Masters of Art in Community Counseling, Regent University, 2003-2005
- National Certified Counselor, 2005-Present
American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
American Counseling Association
Alliance for Therapeutic Choice and Scientific Integrity (NARTH).
- 10+ years working with women, men and children at the Christian Counseling Center.
- Co-Directing Living Waters, an intensive Christian program designed to bring healing to those who are sexually and relationally broken.
- Featured speaker at several workshops and conferences aimed at those struggling with sexual identity issues.
Homeschooling mother of two boys, ages 6 and 4.
- Relational and sexual brokenness
- Effects of abuse and trauma
- Spiritual issues
Joshua Nickels, MA, LMHC
Transforming Center Graduate, Chicago, IL, 2013-2015
Master of Arts, Professional Counseling, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA 2004-2008
Bachelor of Arts in Education and Bible, Houghton College, Houghton, NY 1999-2003
- 8+ years in pastoral role at two different churches
- 4+ years working in inpatient and outpatient addictions and psychiatric units
- Foster parent of several children through New York State foster care system
- Adoptive parent of three children, one with autism, another with diabetes and two who were preemies
- Extensive training through several state and private agencies in family, marriage, premarital, special-needs and child and adolescent therapy
- Seminar Director for Prepare/Enrich premarital and marital assessment programs.
- Pre-marital and marital counseling
- Addictions counseling
- Children & adolescent counseling
- Special-needs children, adolescents and adults counseling
- College, career and life transitions counseling
- Trauma-informed counseling
- Spiritual Direction
Diane Sawyer, MA, BCC
- Master of Arts in Counseling, Liberty University 2005
- Bachelor of Arts in Music Education, Indiana Wesleyan University, 1971
- Transformation Prayer Ministry, 2000 – present
- Member of American Association of Christian Counselors
- Board Certified Christian Counselor (AACC)
- Work extensively with clients who experienced sexual, psychological and verbal abuse.
- Trained in attachment issues related to relational dependency and co-dependency.
- Counseling at the Christian Counseling Center for 23+ years.
- Conducting Transformation Prayer Ministry for 15 years.
- Taught General Music and conducted school choruses in Public Schools for 2 years.
- Married to a pastor for the past for almost 45 years.
- Mother to 4 children and grandmother to 10 grandchildren.
- Victims of sexual abuse
- Attachment Difficulties
Laura Ward, MSW, LCSW-R
- Masters of Social Work, Marywood University
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW-R
Professional Experience and Services: Laura graduated from Marywood University with a Master’s of Social Work. She is a licensed Clinical Social Worker. Laura has specialized in training in sexual abuse treatment and is certified in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral therapy. Laura has worked with children, adolescents, and adults to help them manage symptoms of anxiety, depression, trauma, and life stressors.
Michelle Morante, MSW, LCSW
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology and Music, SUNY Geneseo
- Masters of Social Work, Syracuse University
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW
Professional Experience and Services: Michelle Graduated from SUNY Geneseo with a Bachelors of Arts double major in psychology and music; and from, with a Masters of Social Work. She is licensed in New York as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), and has experience with individual, couples, family and group therapy in outpatient, day treatment and group home settings.
Doug Hill, BRE
Pastoral & Marriage Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts, Baptist Bible College, Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Professional Experience and Services: Professional experience since 1974 has come in the setting of pastoral ministry. In that setting I have counseled couples in preparation for marriage (pre-martial). I estimate that I have performed more than 100 marriages; also I have and continue to counsel marriages in every stage. We use a tool which starts with a 280 question profile that enables us to objectively examine strengths and weaknesses of relationships. I am trained and accredited to use this tool which is called “Prepare and Enrich”. Other than martial counseling, I have been involved in helping those trapped in substance abuse, pornography, genetic and demonic strongholds: My particular experience is in discipline and or evangelizing men. I consider that my most important credentials are that I have had a personal relations with Jesus since 1955. I have been married to my wonderful wife, Nancy, since 1970, and together we are parents to six adult children and their spouses. To GOD be the glory!
Julia Johnson, BA
- Seton Hall University
Professional Experience and Services: Julia is currently a Master’s level counseling Intern and Mental Health Counseling student at Seton Hall University. Julia also has clinical experience working in mental health at Binghamton General Hospital and in behavioral neuroscience research at Binghamton University. Julia is under the direct supervision of Christian Counseling Centers Clinical Supervisor, Laura Ward, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker